Nominal Controls Inc. respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, how it is shared as well as the options available to you about our collection, use and disclosure of the information. This Privacy Notice will also describe the measures we take to protect privacy information and how you can contact us about your privacy concerns.
“Personal information” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the internet can be identified.
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, mainly via direct contact with us or via communication with us through social media platforms.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- General information about the device used to access our website such as browser and operating system.
- Any URL that referred you to our website.
- Date and time of your purchase.
- Your contact information (such as name, postal and email address, or phone number).
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our site if applicable.
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number).
- Information about you and your interaction with our website and social media platforms.
- Search terms used to reach us as well as search terms used in our website.
- Shopping behaviors, preferences, and a record of the purchases you have made.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Register you for an account, manage and maintain your account on our website
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our site
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services and promotions we believe may be of interest to you, specifically
- Marketing campaigns if and only if consented
- Enable you to communicate with us through our social networks and other interactive media
- Customize our products and services to suit your needs, your personal interests and your use of our websites, applications and social networking habits
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services that we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing programs and strategies
- Enforce our Website Terms and Conditions
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We are fully dedicated in protecting your privacy, we do not sell nor otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
- We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
- Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
- To further protect yourself, you should safeguard any account user name and password you have with us and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note we will never ask your user name and password used for our website.
How Your Data is Protected
- Our service provider employs full-time security consultant dedicated to the protection of your data and ours.
- Our payment service provider is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant and is accredited as a level 1 service provider and merchant. This standard helps create a secure environment by increasing cardholder data, thus reducing credit card fraud. Internal security audits are regularly performed by our service provider to maintain ISO/PCI security certifications.
- User signup and logins are completed through a secure server (HTTPS/SSL).
- Our service provider is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, and therefore adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
- In accordance with the GDPR, site users/visitors have the right to access their data or be forgotten, permanently from our databases.
GDPR Update (May 25th, 2018)
Upon request we will:
- Provide a copy of all the data we have on you
- Permanently delete all the data we have on you
Updates to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org