DRV-Series DC Motor Reversing SSRs, rated up to 1,000VDC and 200A, are used to control direction of current in DC loads such as motors, actuators, and electrochemical cells.
With a full solid-state H-bridge construction, the internal diode bridge provides a natural discharge path for back-EMF generated at inductive loads’s turn-OFF. This results in a DC switch that is arc-free, wear-free, and noise-free.
Two models are available: DRVS- Standard Model is for polarity reversing only. DRVA- Advanced Model combines the function of both a DC reverser and motor controller, thus can PWM up to 5kHz supporting various speed programs, soft-start and soft-stop programs.
- Forward and reverse control of DC motors
- PWM speed control, soft-start, soft-stop
- DC actuators, electromagnets, and coil reversing
- Peltier or thermoelectric elements
- Cathode/anode electrochemicals
Features & Benefits
- H-bridge with low loss MOSFET option
- Rated up to DC 200A (continuous), 400A (200ms inrush current)
- Suitable for a large variety of high power DC loads
- TTL/CMOS/Logic input or PLC Controls
- PWM Adjustment Up to 5kHz
- 2500Vrms Isolation Voltage
- Forward and Reverse Dual LED Indicators
- Built-in 100ms Interlock Protection (customization)
- Choose rated voltage ≥2x the operating voltage for inductive loads.
- For reversing inductive loads such as DC brushed motor or DC actuators, ensure rated 200ms peak current is ≥7x the maximum current draw.
- SSR's rated continuous current & heatsink must be selected for the worst-case stall current ≥1second.
- Always consider adding a RC snubber across load terminals.
Thompson Actuator Part#:HD12B026-0450ELX1EESD has the following specifications:
Operating Voltage: 13 VDC
Nominal Current (light load): 5 A
Maximum Current Draw, Stall Current: 18 A
Maximum Inrush Current: 54 A
Choose DC Reversing SSR:
Rated voltage: ≥30 VDC
Rated continuous current: ≥18 A
Rated peak current: ≥7x18A, or ≥130A/200ms
Suitable SSR: DRVS01-100A
Datasheet and Downloads
|Rated Voltage||Rated Load Current||Part #||Data Sheet|
|75 VDC||150A (250A/200ms)||DRVA007A-150A|
|75 VDC||150A (250A/200ms)||DRVS007A-150A2|
|100 VDC||50A (100A/200ms)
|100 VDC||60A (200A/200ms)
|200 VDC||50A (100A/200ms)||DRV02-50A4|
|200 VDC||60A (200A/200ms)||DRV02-60A4|
Contact us for other requirements.