Mach-1® DC Solid-State Contactor (SSC) switches up to 2kV, 500A and 10kHz. It has no moving parts; thus, have the advantage of being arc-free, noise-free and wear-free over electromechanical DC contactors or power relays.
Mach-1 SSCs are highly powerful and versatile platforms. Its patented design and construction maximizes reliability and ruggedness. In addition, each contactor utilizes the latest semiconductor technologies, including SicFET & GanFET.
Two SSC Models are available:
- The Standard Model (M1DS- Series) may directly retrofit electromechanical contactors for applications switching <20Hz.
- The advanced model (M1DA- Series) is capable of switching up to 10kHz, enabling new applications in areas of load testing, high speed current interruptions, and PWM power controls.
Features & Selection Guide
- General Purpose Switch, No Moving Parts
- Proven Heavy-Power Operations
- TTL/CMOS/Logic Control Compatibility
- Patented Design, Rugged Construction
- Isolated Input/Output/Case
- Made in Canada; Semiconductor Parts from USA/Taiwan
Need bi-directional capabilities? Click here to view Mach-1 bi-directional models.
Need to switch above 500A? Contact us for more details.
- Solid state switches in general, should be used at no more than 75% of its maximum peak ratings.
- For mission-critical applications, increase above margins by 25% or more.
- The above table is a general guideline only. Selection requirements may increase/decrease depending on the exact load and operating conditions.
Specifications & Downloads
||Rated Voltage||Rated Continuous Current||Surge/Inrush Current||Typical ON Resistance, or Voltage Drop
|M1DA01-400A / M1DS01-400A
||100 VDC||400 A||700 A
|M1DA01-500A / M1DS01-500A
||100 VDC||500 A||1,200 A (200ms)||0.4 mOhm|
M1DA01A-200A / M1DS01A-200A
|150 VDC||200 A||200 A (200ms)||3 mOhm|
M1DA01A-400A / M1DS01A-400A
|150 VDC||400 A||400 A
|M1DA02-180A / M1DS02-180A
||180A||240 A (200ms)||
M1DA06-120A / M1DS06-120A
|600 VDC||120 A||
|M1DA06-200A / M1DS06-200A
||600 VDC||200 A||
|M1DA10-150A / M1DS10-150A
||1,000 VDC||150 A
|M1DA10-250A / M1DS10-250A
||1,000 VDC||250 A
|M1DA15-60A / M1DS15-60A
||1,500 VDC||60 A||
|M1DA20-120A / M1DS20-120A
||2,000 VDC||120 A||N/A||30 mOhm|
|M1DA30-60A / M1DS30-60A
||3,000 VDC||60 A||N/A||45 mOhm|
- Mechanical contactor/solenoid retrofit
- DC motor starters
- PWM power control
- Divert/dump load
- Timer interrupt cathodic protection
- Battery management systems
- Circuit protection switch
- Battery charge/discharge
- Load test
For General FAQ, please visit: Solid State Contactor FAQ
The 'standard model' is controlled by just a set of DC signal wires, 1 for the positive, 1 for the negative. It is most commonly used in electromechanical contactor retrofit applications where existing control input wires can be used directly.
The 'advanced model', in addition to the DC signal wires, requires a 12-24VDC power supply in order to run a central processor. However, it offers significantly more capabilities than the 'standard model', such as supporting auxiliary contacts, responding to ON/OFF command within 10μs, and PWM at a frequency up to >10 kHz with TTL/CMOS/logic signal. (Ask us about switching 100kHz).