DRV- Series DC Reversingsolid-state relays offer a retrofit solution for conventional electromechanical reversers. With a solid-state H-bridge construction, the internal structure provides a natural discharge path for back-EMF generated at the motor’s turn-OFF. This results in a switch that is maintenance-free, arc-free, and noise-free.
The Miniature solid-state reversers are our latest ultra-compact model designed to provide cost effective and reliable switching for a variety of applications.
- Reversing of DC motors & actuators
- Solar Trackers
- Electrolysis of chemicals or Cathode/anode
- Peltier element temperature control
Features & Benefits
- Maintenance-free, Arc-free, Noise-free
- Mechanically Assembled
- Economically Priced
- Available Ratings Up to 200VDC and 60A
- 12-24VDC ~10mA control input
- 400Vrms Isolation, suitable for battery based systems
- Built-in 200ms Interlock Protection
- Made in Canada
You may submit a technical survey via https://www.nominalcontrols.com/pages/survey1, and a member of our team will get back to you with a recommendation.
The following guidelines are generally suitable for DC motors <2HP when using DRV-Series miniature solid-state motor reversers.
- Choose SSR with "rated voltage" at least 2xhigher the operating voltage.
- If the DC motor does not require plugging, choose SSR with "rated current"moderately higherthan the motor's inrush current.
- If the DC motor requires plugging, choose SSR with "rated peak current" moderately higherthan the motor's plugging current.
- When in doubt, a good rule of thumb is to choose a SSR with "rated current" 5-8x higher than the motor's nominal operating current.
- Size a heatsink based on highest current that will sustains over 1 second. Typically, this is the stall current.
- Always consider adding a snubber across load terminals. This will help to suppress transients.
Load: Thompson Actuator Part#:HD12B026-0450ELX1EESD
[Operating Voltage]: 12 VDC
[Rated Max Current (nameplate)]: 18A
[Application-Specific Details]: 5A (nominal current), 15A/100ms (inrush current), 18A (rated max/stall current), plugging is not required.
*if inrush current is not known, assume 7x the nominal current draw. Rated peak current of the SSR must be greater or equal to this value.
Choose DRV-Series DC Reversing Contactor:
with [rated voltage]: ≥30 VDC
with [rated current]: ≥2x 10A
with [rated peak current]: ≥18A
Datasheet and Downloads
|Rated Voltage||Rated Load Current||Part #||Data Sheet|
|40 VDC ||60A (150A peak)||DRVS004-60A3 |
|100 VDC||60A (150A peak)||DRVS01-60A3 |
|200 VDC ||40A (125A peak) ||DRVS02-60A3 |
Contact us for other requirements.